Welcome to the Official Marcello C. Watch Forum on the Internet

Dedicated to affordable luxury™ fine handcrafted timepieces
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Marcello C. watch boxes
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:06 pm 
Power User

Just saw one of the Marcello C. double watch boxes for sale on the big auction site for $90.00 (!).

They are great and practical watch boxes for travel and I am using mine every time I am on the road.

What do y'all do with them? Keep them in storage, sell them off or use them for travel etc.?

Let's hear it from you guys!

Cheers

Matt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:31 pm 
Advanced

I haven't traveled with an extra watch for awhile, but did use my Tridente's zippered carrier when we went to Hawaii in 06; 2 weeks was just a little long to not be able to switch my watch out. In addition to the Tridente, I took a Zodiac Super Sea Wolf (late '90s version) and a Zodiac Sea Wolf II chronograph. No photos of the watch carrier though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:13 pm 
Power User

When I use to travel to Iraq and back I used them to store all of my watches. I think at one time I had 4 of them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:16 am 
Advanced

I keep mine and use it when I travel. Never giving that baby up. Too darn nice.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:39 am 
Advanced

I seldom travel with more than one watch, but the few times I have, I took the 'box" that came with my Tridente.

Honestly, I can't see putting a watch into my suitcase when flying, though I don't do it nearly as much anymore. I found out the hard way that I need to carry it on with me, as our main carrier here, Delta, has managed to lose track of checked luggage for a couple of days routinely. However, I usually check it on the way back, especially out of El Paso. From there, luggage never seems to get lost, but I have had TSA once steal a bracelet I'd bought for my wife in Albuquerque's Old Town, so I wouldn't risk a nice watch in a checked bag.

BTW, it was pretty bald faced when they did it. There was the card in my bag, which had obviously been opened and gone through, telling me that TSA had randomly selected my bag and searched it. And the silver bracelet was nowhere to be found. This was back when TSA was really feeling their oats and quite often harrassing travelers who objected to anything (remember that lady they locked up in a clear acrylic cage at the screening station for an hour?), so I decided to just let it slide. The bracelet wasn't that expensive, under $100, so it was more anger than financial loss, but much more grevious thefts have come to light since, so there is no way I would make one of my better watches vulnerable to those theives with badges.