Welcome to the Official Marcello C. Watch Forum on the Internet

Dedicated to affordable luxury™ fine handcrafted timepieces
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: That old hoary chestnut
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:27 am 
Rookie

Hi Guys,
I'm planning on buying my first Marcello C soon and am having real problems making a decision between the Nettuno and Tredente (and who doesn't). The problem is I'm in Australia and don't have the luxuary of trying them on for size in a jeweller's shop in Europe. I'm sure the Nettuno will be well proportioned for my 7.5" wrist but after reading many posts on this forum appreciate the Tridente is a superior watch - however, the risk being it might be too large for my wrist.

This question has been raised many times in past threads, but a lot of the old photos are missing or the wrist shots don't mention the wrist measurement. Is there a rule of thumb wrist measurement where the Tridente just looks too large ...? Does anyone have a wrist shot they can upload plus their wrist measurement to give me some idea whether I'd get away the Tridente ?

I've just hit 50 so don't want a watch that is too conspicuous, just nicely proportioned. I look forward to any advice - I'd hate to end up making a poor decision, thanks very much.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:52 pm 
Power User

With 7.5 inches, you should be fine (mine is 8.25) for a Tridente.

However, what counts is the top surface of the wrist. You wouldn't want the lugs to hang over the edges, that might put the bracelet at an uncomfortable angle. Have you measured what lug tip to lug tip size would work on your wrist?

Cheers

Matt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:17 pm 
Power User

If you Google, you will find all sorts of wrist shots, even Tridente and Nettuno 3 side by side ... :)

Cheers

Matt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:17 am 
Advanced

If it helps I have a 6.75 inch wrist and my N3 sits perfectly centered on my wrist. I have had both the models you asked about and found the Tri very wearable as well with no real hang over, but I prefer the N3. It's one of those watch things - it just fits and feels perfect. Good luck. I think you'll be happy with either.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:55 am 
Rookie

Thanks Matt and Mikef for your help - I've done all the usual things to pin down the decision, cut out perfectly scaled photos on card backing, gone to a jewellery shop and tried on 40mm and 44mm divers Tags. I've actually worn a Tag 2000 series for the last 23 years, only 37.5mm size which was normal in 1990 - I'll pull the trigger eventually and upload the photos - cheers, Richard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:26 pm 
Power User

You know, once you start wearing larger watches, it is sooo difficult to go back.

I still love my vintage pieces, but now I just can't wear them anymore, they feel way to small on my wrist ... :)

Cheers

Matt